Friday, October 23, 2009

One Happy Boy

On Tuesday, Tate and I spent the afternoon at the allergist. Tate has been allergic to eggs as well as peanuts and now all other tree nuts. His allergy to eggs has not been quite as severe as his nut allergies. So, the allergist has been wanting to see if his body is now ready for eggs. We brought up a piece of cake with eggs of course to the doctor and Tate had to eat the cake under doctors supervision. He was allowed to eat a bite of cake every fifteen minutes. They would monitor his heart beat, watch for a developing rash and any other possible symptoms of a reaction. After two and half hours, Tate finally finished his one piece of cake and did so without any reaction. Tate is now able to eat eggs that are baked in things. As Tate was eating the cake he kept commenting how good this cake was and that is was the best cake ever. It is amazing what a cake with eggs tastes like. Sooooo good. On the way home we started talking about how now he can try cookies, brownies and donuts and a whole bunch of other good stuff. Tate decided he wanted a donut party. So, on the way home we stopped at Macey's and Tate for the first time got to pick out donuts that he could eat!!! Talk about one excited little boy. Here are a few pictures from our donut party.

Tate after his first bite.

Taking another big bite and loving every minute.

Doesn't that face just show you how happy he is.

I loved how he ate all of the chocolate frosting off of the top of the donut first. Typical kid.

I think that smile pretty much tells it all. Now he thinks he should get donuts every day!

5 comments:

Kim said...

I LOVE it! I'm so happy for him (and you!) and this whole new world that has opened up!

Heidi said...

Yeah! I am so happy that you can eat eggs, Tate. I think you should get a donut everyday, too!

Candace said...

Okay so is it really weird that I actually got a little choked up over this post?

To be three and to have never had the divine pleasure of eating what may quite possibly be one of the most delicious treats ever made?!

Yes, I am emotional over this.

Congratulations to Tate, and to you. The sky is the limit now!

Minus that whole nut thing:)

Grant and Candice said...

That is so exciting! Hooray for Tate, and you!

Unknown said...

That is so cute! He deserves making up for some lost time in the real world of desserts! That is great news! I am sure that is going to make cooking a little easier!