Saturday, October 3, 2009

We're Going to The Zoo!

Last week when the weather was absolutely perfect, my friend Jenn and I decided to take a trip to the zoo to see all of the baby animals. The weather was so nice and the kids seemed to have a great time. I loved the baby elephant. I think that is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. It was such a fun time to go with the baby elephants, giraffes and tigers.

Look how dang cute that is!!! I can't stand it.
Tate and Hannah. Tate loved having a map for the day. He would spend his time checking out the map and letting us know what animals we still needed to see.

Tate and the bear. This is the first time I have actually seen the bear. I have only seen it through the mirrors that you have to look at if you want to see the bear down below. It was fun to see the bear.
Tate loved the lion drinking fountains. I think we had to take his picture at each one we saw. He suddenly became thirsty anytime he saw one of these drinking fountains.

You can see the baby giraffe in the background. The baby giraffe was super cute, too. The baby giraffe was Tate's favorite.

Tate and Hannah checking out the giraffes.

Hannah and Tate on the tiger. Tate loved the statues of all the animals. He wanted his picture taken on one of each animal he saw.
The classic Zoo picture. You have to have your picture taken next to the gorilla.

I love Tate's face in this picture. He thought it was neat to put his hand next to a gorillas hand.

In the back you can barely see the orangutan. Tate loved watching them. We were there right as they were being fed.

Tate and the gorilla.
Tate sitting in the boat. He loved playing in this. He and Hannah were playing that Hannah was the princess and Tate had to rescue her from the boat. Too cute.

3 comments:

Giggles said...

That looks like a great outing! I'm hoping to go see those baby elephants next month.

Heidi said...

Looks like fun! What a good Mom you are to take Tate to the zoo.

Kim said...

Awww! How fun! I'm glad you had so much fun! I'm so jealous I haven't gotten to see the baby elephant in person!