Friday, October 23, 2009

Back to the Pumpkin Patch

Tate loved his field trip to the Pumpkin Patch so much that he really thought that his dad needed to go to the pumpkin patch as well. So last Saturday we took advantage of the beautiful weather (along with everyone else) and went to the Red Barn in Santaquin. Tate loved it. They offer a hayride out to their pumpkin patch where you get to pick your own pumpkins. After Tate picked out his perfect pumpkin we headed back to the barn for some yummy ice cream. I was so excited when I discovered they have licorice ice cream. Licorice ice cream is by far the best ice cream around. Well, at least to me. Kraig, on the other hand, despises it. Tate ordered his favorite green ice cream (mint chocolate chip) and I ordered Licorice. After Tate took about 2 licks of his, he wanted to try mine. I really didn't think he would like it much so I gave him a taste. I was wrong he loved it. After a few bites he handed be his ice cream and took mine and said, "Mom, we can share. That is being kind." I really did not want to share by ice cream, but how do you tell your precious 3 year old that mommy doesn't share her licorice ice cream. So, Tate enjoyed some yummy ice cream that day. And me, I ate his green ice cream. If the line wasn't so long, I would have gone and bought more ice cream. I guess this just means we will be going back to the barn very soon.


Tate and dad waiting in line for the tractor ride.
Tate and mom on the tractor headed out to the Pumpkin Patch.
Dad and Tate on the tractor. Tate loved the ride.

Tate trying my ice cream. And yes, he likes it.

Stopping to pose for a picture.

So proud of himself for sharing his ice cream. Notice that is my licorice ice cream.

Driving his own tractor.

Getting ready to go home. What a great day!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Look like you had a fun family weekend. I want to go with you next time to get licorice ice cream.