Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Morning at the Cannon House

After the disappointment of the Easter Egg Hunt the day before, Tate was really hoping that the Easter Bunny would leave him a few more eggs to find.  So, this year the bunny left his basket with a few goodies and then a bunch of eggs hidden around the house to find.  Tate loved finding the eggs and kept saying, "Wow! This Easter Bunny sure left me a lot of eggs. He must really like me. I must have been a good boy." I didn't think there were that many eggs, but I guess anything seems like a lot when your last attempt only landed you with two eggs.  We had a fun morning looking for eggs and then opening each one to see what was inside. We finished the morning with a delicious breakfast made by Kraig.  We had a wonderful Easter. The holidays are a lot of fun when you have a little one to bring so much joy and happiness! 
Tate has really been wanting a new baseball hat.  He was super excited when the Easter Bunny brought him a BYU Cougar hat.  So excited!
His new Buzz Lightyear swimming suit.

Putting on the hat for the first time. He was one happy boy.   I don't think he has taken it off since.  We had to put it right next to the bed when he went to sleep last night.
Let the hunt begin!

Look a tiny egg!  AKA bubble gum egg.
Right when this picture was taken, Tate said, "Wow! This basket is so heavy!" That is why he is bent over, he is trying to carry his basket.
Checking out his loot.
One happy boy on Easter.

2 comments:

Ma-ga Hollist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

love his M&M pj's. That is so sad about only getting 2 eggs. Easter hunts should never be a sad thing. I'm glad he had round two. :)

I think I am missing out with the Shakey Egg song! Cute easter party! It is so fun seeing your preschool updates! We are headed to the zoo tomorrow. Good times!