Thursday, September 18, 2008

Where is my backpack?

I teach preschool here at our house, so Tate gets to come along and join the kids at preschool. It was the second day of school and all of the kids were getting their backpacks out so they could show their Show and Tell. Tate sat on the rug and watched as each child showed off their things from home. When they were done, Tate raises his hand and with the saddest face and voice says, "Mom, where is my backpack? I need to bring a Show and Tell." I felt so bad. I didn't realize that he would really catch on or even realize that he didn't have one. Oops. That night he told Kraig about it and Kraig went and got out his backpack. Tate now brings that to school with him and fills it with treaures. Here he is with his "new" backpack. He is all ready for his first Show and Tell.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What a cute little guy you have. Tate is adorable. How fun that you are teaching preschool in your home. I wish I could do that...I don't have enought space! Maybe someday. I love this blog stuff. It is great to be able to see what is going on with you. :)

Unknown said...

That is so cute. You made me feel like a bad teacher- I have not done any show and tell yet! Do you have other kids his age or is he the youngest? I am actually really liking the home preschool. It is so low pressure! I am always wishing I had some supply from my room, the large laminator machine, the dicut machine or the endless paper supply though!

I hope Tate get's his horse!